As the COVID-19 virus continues to drive change and uncertainty for many of us in our daily lives, we wanted to get in touch to assure you that our team here at Origin Broadband is working hard to keep our network running as usual.
Due to government advice, there may be a need for you to be at home more in the coming weeks, and we know that means you will rely on us to ensure you have access to the internet for work and to keep in touch with family and friends.
We want to assure you that everyone at Origin Broadband is working hard to ensure that our network is as resilient as possible. Our engineering team is performing a series of upgrades, and we've installed new equipment to increase our network capacity. We have also invested in multi-site operations and overseas service support to ensure that you can continue to access the services you need.
We at Origin Broadband are committed to doing all we can to ensure that you can continue to use the internet, work and stay connected with your friends and family should there be an increase in demand.
As a UK business, we may have fluctuations in staffing levels over the coming months, and we would encourage you to visit our website in the first instance to answer any questions you may have.
Here are some simple things that you can do to help you stay connected and get the best from your router:
- Make sure that your router is in an unobstructed place in your home, away from heat sources and not behind furniture.
- Other electronic devices can interfere with the signal on your router, so make sure that it is kept away from devices such as cordless phones and microwave ovens.
- Using devices as close to your router as possible will achieve the best performance. Using your Router:
- Make sure that your router is plugged into your master socket. It will be the largest socket inside your house.
- Make your wireless work for you, the more devices you have connected, the more of your bandwidth you will use. You can disconnect any devices that you aren't using to free up bandwidth.
- Please be assured that we are committed to providing you with the best levels of service. You can visit our support pages to learn more about how to get the best from your service.
At times like this we recognise we all need to work together as communities to overcome the problems we are all facing. Please find below a set of FAQs on our readiness to support you during this period.
Our teams are here for you, and we'll continue to keep you updated and informed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Origin Broadband doing to monitor the situation? A: We are keeping a close eye on developments related to COVID-19. Our engineers monitor network performance 24/7 and 365 days a year.
Q: How is customer support being handled in regions where employees aren't working from the office? A: We've run several tests of our support capacity, and we maintain business continuity arrangements, including to provide ongoing service and support for our customers. Also, our engineering teams are well-placed to perform their tasks when working remotely, and we've enhanced our multi-site operations to increase operational resilience. We're confident that we will be able to support our customers and partners during this time.
Q: Will there be delays in impact on internet speeds or service? A: At this stage, we do not expect any changes. We have invested in enhancing every part of our business to cope with the anticipated increase in demand.
Q: Can people work from home with Origin Broadband? A: As more customers begin working remotely in response to Covid19, Origin is doing its part to help them stay connected and productive. To accommodate increased usage, we have substantially increased network capacity, and our engineering teams are monitoring the situation.